This remodeling project in River Oaks was a whole house remodel of a 1930’s home. The project included a great room addition and a second story spacious private master bedroom suite with luxurious master bath in River Oaks, Houston. This project has won multiple awards; the Texas Association of Builders Star Awards and Greater Houston Builder Association Houston’s Best Prism Award and a 2019 Regional Chrysalis Award in the category of Addition over $250,000.
Exceptional features of this home renovation:
- Original Palladium arch window was preserved and is a focal point. It is the separation “wall” between the existing original rear wall and the expanded great room and master suite addition.
- The large great room addition has 2 sets of French doors leading to the yard, on the opposite side a set of French doors and 3 sets of double tall windows. Inside the great room functions as a family room and dining room. There is an open view of the catwalk balcony.
- A new custom radius staircase leads to a second story catwalk. The new second story catwalk connects the original second story to the new second story the master bath suite addition. Sets of double doors lead from the catwalk to an open balcony.
- New master bedroom has a tray ceiling with walk in closet and connects to master bath.
- Upon entering the master bathroom, 4 Italian porcelain tile columns surround 2 vanities. The room features a barrel ceiling, a semi-circular arch that provides a soft curve over a room, enhancing the sense of spaciousness without the harshness of high ceilings.
- Elegance is the result of this master bath project. Mirrors cover both vanity walls.
- The master bathroom has walnut stained custom cabinetry, designed and built in our shop.
- The bathroom has 2 water closets, double vanities with sinks.
- The double entry shower has floor to ceiling Italian porcelain tile, linear drain, built in bench, two handheld showerheads and windows up high for natural light.
- An outdoor pool was removed to construct this addition.