This whole house project was a mid century modern remodel of the interior of a 1960’s style home in the Memorial section of Houston. The owners wanted a contemporary design with unique features and luxury amenities. They wanted a modern open feel. This project won a 2015 Houston’s Best Prism award for a Whole House remodel over $750,000. The interior of this outdated mid century modern 1960’s style home was completely renovated.
- Vaulted the ceiling to add height in kitchen, breakfast and dining area, added beams for architectural effect.
- Kitchen cabinetry was imported from Germany manufactured by Bulthaup. CBJ installed high quality contemporary white lacquer for lower cabinets. Upper Applewood cabinets warm up the space. They were carefully installed by CBJ so grain meets to form a design.
- Installed 2 double doors and a Jeld-Wen 25ft window in kitchen area to bring in natural light and to allow view of the yard.
- Custom maple cabinetry designed and built by CBJ in the bathrooms, butler’s pantry and utility/laundry room.
- Bathroom plumbing fixtures were custom powder coated in various colors to accessorize and provide a retro feel.
- Custom breakfast nook is in the retro style of the 1960’s. The benches were custom leather upholstered and tabletop is a 3Form product. Breakfast nook table was built by CBJ.
- Lightweight seamless Neolith was installed on bathrooms’ shower walls and the half bath as a countertop.
- CBJ designed and built living room sofa sectional as well as a grey lacquer sofa with lots of under storage in the bar area.
- New flooring was installed-artisan finish concrete and maple hardwood.