This Hunters Creek Village remodel was of a traditional New Orleans Style home built in 1970 and was in need of a restoration and then complete renovation.
This project required a high level of skill and custom millwork. Our expertise and exceptional craftsmanship repaired and modernized this home while enhancing the home’s original style and beauty. There is a new open functional kitchen, beautifully remodeled living room with home bar, library, two master bedroom suites, many remodeled bathrooms, new media room, wine room, laundry room and walk in closets and hallways. There is a multitude of custom and unique architectural features. This project represents a return to beauty, seamlessly blending old with new.
- 50 – 60 % of trims such as crown, case architectural molding and woodwork had to be replaced and custom milled. Special knives needed to be purchased to replicate the original custom millwork in the home that was no longer available.
- We created 2 master suites with master baths and closets. The master suite includes a sleeping chamber and sitting room as well as a walk in closet and full bath with separate tub and toilet area was created out of an addition over the garage. Second master bath was reconfigured from an original Jack and Jill bath. All bathrooms were ripped to the studs and newly renovated. All have white marble countertops and flooring.
- Library and Living room kept existing wood floors. The Formal living room had large parquet panels which were in great disrepair from water damage and the library had parquet herringbone strips which also need repairs. Custom milled mahogany border walnut special strips, 3 species of wood had to be custom milled to make repairs to bring it back to its original glory.
- Drapery pockets existed on windows in Formal Living Room, Library and Dining Room. The crown molding had to be had to be repaired. The molding design on the pockets had to be custom milled to match. The drapery pockets design feature throughout was replicate this custom architectural design feature and used matching materials repeated it throughout the bedroom windows in the house.
- The original kitchen was closed off as it was previously a service kitchen. We created a modern open kitchen while keeping with the style and traditional feel of the home using white marble on the countertops and custom cabinetry style. The raised existing wainscoting in the kitchen was recreated as well as the pilasters and heavy top cap.
- 2 pantries were changed in the kitchen, one became a wine room for 400 bottles with closed cell foam insulation, vapor barriers the other a to house a climate control system
- A media room was created by removing built-ins a small service area for help including an old fashioned drinking fountain and office. This space was reconfigured and includes a electronics closet servicing the entire home with a racking system.
- There are 5 remodeled bathrooms.; 2 half / powder room, 2 full master baths 1 ¾ bath All countertops and bathroom flooring white marble
- A laundry room was created by reconfiguring a service area off of the media room. The space was reframed to hold to large washer and 2 large dryers, incorporated floor drains custom cabinetry and white marble countertops with full sink.
- 3 fireplaces located in the Formal Living Room, Library and Master bedroom sitting room. The millwork needed to be repaired and replaced to restore them to their original beauty.