This project is a Houston’s Best 2017 Prism Award winner. This Hunters Creek kitchen remodel was part of a whole house renovation of a very custom traditional 1970’s New Orleans Style home. The original kitchen was closed off, it was previously a service kitchen for staff. The new owner wanted an open modern kitchen with a traditional New Orleans French style feel as well as lots of storage, counter space and a large wine room.
We designed and created a modern, functional open kitchen space with the look and traditional elegance of a New Orleans style home. Thick Italian white marble countertops, marble tile backsplash and white furniture style cabinetry designed and built by our company in our shop, captures the essence of the homes’ historical aspects. This kitchen also has an eating area, floor to ceiling windows and French doors which add natural light and open up to the yard. There is a white farmhouse apron sink with french country style fixtures. Two pantries in the kitchen were remodeled – one became a wine room for 400 bottles with closed cell foam insulation and vapor barriers, the other pantry houses a climate control system for the wine room.
- Custom tradition cabinetry furniture style in white with a French flair designed and built by Craftsmanship By John in our shop.
- Italian white marble countertop and marble tile backsplash.
- Wine room with climate control system. Two original pantries were remodeled into a climate controlled wine room which accommodates up to 400 bottles the other was a completely redesigned organized pantry for storage.
- White farmhouse apron front sink.
- Floor to ceiling Jen Weld windows leading out to the yard.
- Raised wainscoting which was repaired and recreated to match as was pilasters and heavy top cap.
- French country brass faucet double handle- widespread and brass French style cabinet handles.
- Large eat in area.
- Ceiling mounted vintage globe lights.
- Viking French door double oven.